Saturday, December 24, 2011

Greetings!

 

Can you guess where I am by the photo? If you guessed Hong Kong you are correct. I just got in and will be here for a week. My dad asked me a few days ago if I would be willing to go with him to visit some work colleagues, and I said...of course, obviously! I love traveling and have racked up a pretty impressive list of countries and places visited  but I hadn't been to Hong Kong, a place that has always intrigued me. So here I am, on Christmas Eve, in a beautiful hotel room overlooking Hong Kong Harbor and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. It's nice that Christmas is recognized in Hong Kong, when we checked in there was a live band with singer in the lounge playing traditional Christmas music, it helps me keep my Christmas Spirit but it is also sort of nice to be away...the pressures off.

I am exhausted so I don't have much to write at present...my mind feels slow from traveling and my eyelids heavy but I will be blogging my adventures through Hong Kong, Macua and Guangzhou in mainland China. Do any of you know these cities or have you visited? I would absolutely love to hear any suggestions you might have on which sights are must sees and which to skip, where to shop and especially where to EAT! I will eat anything and am adventurous so bring it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and stay tuned.

Cheers!

Amelia

PS The photo above is not actually my view, just a generic Hong Kong skyline view. My camera is ghetto and not capable of taking adequate photos of cityscapes at night...

No comments:

Post a Comment