Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Harp & A Harp Ensemble

I am very pleased to share some exciting news with the world...I have finally put a deposit on a harp. A Triplett, Catalina to be exact. It has 34 strings and is constructed out of Walnut. The harp has a very full and rich dramatic tone and is exactly what I have been after. I will have it paid off by the first of December, just in time for Christmas, talk about the best Christmas present to myself EVER!

Here he is:


He is much bigger than what I am used to, not only as far as quantity of octaves but in weight as well. He weighs in at 25 lbs. so it won't be quite as easy to transport for playing elsewhere and I will have to fold down the back seat of my car to enlarge my truck space but it is so going to be worth it. I have been playing on an old 26 string Dusty Strings since I began playing in May of 2010 and while I loved and still love that baby I have out grown her and it is high time I move on to something that can accommodate my expanding abilities. No more playing everything an octave higher for me! No ma'am....I can now play things as they are written! I am most excited about the bass register on him...I am really attracted to those deep, resonant bass lines which I think is due in large part to my not having it available to me. Now though, I will have it in spades and this is very exciting. I think that "Wish You Were Here" will sound much better on the Triplett than on the little Dusty.

In other harp related news the harp ensemble I play with is working on a Christmas/Holiday repertoire. I really enjoy playing the Christmas music and it is proving to be very fun ensemble wise. So that is about all I have on the harp front.

Cheers!

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment