Friday, June 3, 2011

"The New Look Blouse Project"...Facings

I am almost finished with this project at this point, but I thought I would at least show you pictures I took a few days ago when I was still in the midst of construction.

I had never made a blouse before this one so I was really confused about the facing situation, especially in regard to the back facing. I just followed the instructions the best I could, considering how vague they are, and I think they turned out pretty well.

I am always very hesitant to sew, especially to seam around
a curve, I am still working on perfecting my skills. I was really worried that the Chiffon layer would get bunched up and look ridiculous and that I would have to tear out the seams but it ended up looking just fine as you can see in the picture at right.

The back facing really freaked me out but ended up being the easiest part of the whole thing. I forgot to take a picture of the back turned right side out...oops!

I am working on the finishing aspects, seam binding, hemming and arm hole finishing. I am having a hell of a time hemming this, I should have stitched the lining and top together along the bottom as I did at every other edge but I did not, so now it is totally frayed along the bottom and there is no distinct straight line so it has made hemming a nightmare. This afternoon will be the third attempt at making an flat lying straight, even hem! Wish me luck, hopefully this will be like my dress zipper which took me three tries. I really want the hem to look good or it will really bother me and ruin how good the entire blouse looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment