I am almost finished with my blouse! It has turned out so much better that I could have hoped considering it was a first for me in a lot of ways. It is the first blouse I have ever made, it is the first time I have ever worked off of a vintage pattern and it is also the first time I have made something out of a fabric other than cotton. I learned a hell of a lot.
I will never again use fabric tape on silk...talk about a nightmare.
I will only pin it with super fine pins.
I will never save the buttonholes for later....this is currently what is taking me so long.
I will handle it as little as possible, and be extra vigilant to prevent snags.
I found that cotton voile is a great lining for silk chiffon.
I will stay stitch all cut edges, including the lower even if it will be hemmed later, to prevent slow unraveling.
The only thing left to do is finish the buttonholes and sew on the buttons. I am having a hell of a time with this as I am having to do it by hand since I waited to long to do bound button holes and at this point they would look stupid.
Here are some photos:
Please excuse the bizarre self portrait and messy room. I live alone and I was trying to show the silhouette as best as possible. It is pinned in the back where the buttons would be....