Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"TRRRP" Finished!

 I'm done! I love how it turned out, both the inside and the outside. Except for my initial confusion with the diagonal lines on my fashion fabric it was super easy to make and I think it turned out looking pretty good. I plan to wear it for the Fourth of July. Though I may wear it sooner if the weather in Southern California turns sunny again, this June gloom is depressing.


It looks a bit funky on the hanger and I'm sorry there are no photos of me in it. Living alone makes it hard to get pictures of myself in my creations. I have to take photos in the mirror and they never turn out, the lighting in my bedroom sucks and the camera always gets in the way. I'm going to have to commission my gentleman friend to take photos on the weekends when we spend lots of time together. I'll lure him by promising to note him as a contributor to my blog, which is such an honor I'm sure....I kid, I kid and I am off on a tangent so back to my romper.  

I have to tattle on myself, I am not totally and completely finished, I still have to add the hook and eye closure. I didn't have any at home and I didn't complete catch stitching the lining to the zipper tape until 11:30 last night so I'll be picking those up this evening and inserting it tonight. I was just too excited about this project to wait another day to reveal it. 

I am really very happy with the interior of this garment....unlike "TNLBP", which I can never post interior pictures of it is just too much of an epic mess in there, this interior is completely enclosed in lining, clean and pristine. I could probably wear it inside out only the zipper would give it away.

  I hadn't had the idea to line the whole thing until after I had bought the contrasting facing material. Once I had attached the facing I decided I wanted to line the entire thing. I really like the results when I have lined garments. It really adds to the weight of it making it seem higher quality and more substantial. Anyway, when I went back to Joann's to get another yard of that red with white dots they were out though it had only been one day! I had just enough of the outer shell material left to squeeze out another pair of shorts. What I ended up doing was sewing the right sides together at the hem. There was no way I was going to hem those shorts up another 1 1/4" so having the inner pair of shorts acted like a facing and resulted in a very nice, clean finish, unlike "TNLBP" hem which was a disaster.

Here a couple more detail photos:

Front Facing 

Inside Waistline

I'm really proud of this!

And that's that! This was a very easy pattern to make, it took me a lot longer than it should have due to my issues with diagonals....

Next Up....completing the bound buttonholes on "TNLBP" and Tracing & Grading for the "The Who Wears Short Shorts Project" & "The Voila! A Voile Blouse Project"



No comments:

Post a Comment